On Sunday, the Dallas Cowboys travel to the Emerald City to take on the Seahawks. Dallas is coming off a stellar come from behind victory against the Atlanta Falcons last week. Dak Prescott led the way in last week’s comeback, completing 34-of-47 passes for 450 yards and a touchdown through the air, while adding 18 yards and three touchdowns on the ground.
“He’s really good,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said (via SI’s Corbin Smith). “He’s really a good football player. He’s playing with great confidence, great stature in the pocket, handling the rush around him, able to escape it when he needs to. Really solid. His accuracy is really there. He can throw the ball all over the field. There’s nothing that he doesn’t do well. Can throw moving both directions. They include him in the running game some, enough to be a problem. He can scramble and make plays happen.”
Worried that Dak Prescott won’t be able to put up another masterful performance after last week’s showing? Don’t be; start him with confidence in both traditional fantasy leagues and in daily. The matchup against the Seahawks is a great one, as Seattle ranks 24th in defensive DVOA.
Follow Pro Football Action’s Facebook Page for the latest on the Cowboys, entire NFL, and the news you need to make the right betting and fantasy football calls.
Preparing For Ezekiel Elliott
Last week against the Falcons, Ezekiel Elliott finished the game with 89 yards on the ground and a touchdown, and added six catches for 33 yards.
“When you have Zeke [Elliott] carrying the football, who is a fantastic runner and ball catcher, they’re loaded. These guys are really good,” says Carroll [via SI’s Corbin Smith].
Analysts Expect Shootout, Seahawks Win
“Run the football. Have we not watched what Russell Wilson has been doing at all? All the things that we are talking about with Seattle’s defensive, Dallas hasn’t world-beaters on defense either,” said Spears on Friday’s episode of NFL Live. “And last time I checked as good as a game Cam Newton had against the Seattle Seahawks, Russell throw five touchdowns y’all…I don’t want this unit to have the ball.”
During her appearance on Friday’s episode of NFL Live, Mina Kimes shared that Dak will have a lot of time to throw the ball.
“Did not see those numbers? These Seahawks pass rush is getting less pressure than a motel shower head right now. Dak is going to cook them,” she said.
Kimes later added that she had the Seahawks in the game. “I got Seattle in a shootout like I said. Russell Wilson is going to cook just as much as Dak is back there, and it is in Seattle and it is going to be a weird close game as usual,” Kimes said.
Many points are expected on Sunday, as the Cowboys-Seahawks matchup has the week’s highest Over/Under (57.0). Here’s what the other analysts said about the matchup:
- “I got Seattle. I got Seattle going to the Super Bowl I think they are the best team in the NFC. Even though there are some other teams that are playing a very high level, said Marcus Spears. “I’m taking the Seahawks in this game, but if Dallas listens to me and plays a little bit of ball control with one of the top three running backs in the league. They will have a chance to win this game.”
- “I’m going with Seattle and it’s going to be a shootout. This game is going to be about Dak [Prescott], Mike McCarthy, but in the end, I think Russell Wilson makes the MVP plays to take Seattle to the wins,” said Ryan Clark.
Cowboys at Seahawks Betting Odds
- Moneyline: DAL: (+184) | SEA: (-220)
- Spread: DAL: +4.5 (-110) | SEA: -4.5 (-110)
- Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: DAL: (15%) | SEA: (85%)
- Odds to Win Super Bowl LV: DAL: (+1700) | SEA: (+1300)